Archive for October, 2010
At the beginning of 2009 I made a list of 50 things I wanted to do before the year 2012. There were a lot of lofty goals that I wanted to achieve and I thought that 50 things would be super easy to acomplish. Well it’s a year and a half later and there are some things I have done from the list:
1. Have another child - preferably in July ‘09
2. Travel to another continent
10. Go on a road trip with my family - somewhere we have never been
11. Develop a friendship with someone outside of the church
15. Paint / Create a piece of art to be framed
18. Get involved with an non-profit working in Africa
25. Make a snow fort
29. Take Malora on an unexpected romantic vacation
33. Finish immigration to Canada
38. Climb a mountain (a hard one)
48. Take a course in web design or movie / picture editing
49. Get involved with an organization in Calgary working with people in need
50. Spend extra quality time with friends and family
I think that is pretty good considering the size and scope of the list. So I want to make a new list of 20 things to do before 2012. I will take the things off which I have accomplished and keep some things from the previous list, but I want to add a few new things to the list as well.
I want to work on this list instead of just vomiting out a bunch ideas that I will never actually get around to doing. So, I need your help. What should be on my list of 20 things to do before 2012? Comment and give me ideas and when I have enough ideas I will post my list.
So…What are the 20 things I should do before 2012?
It has been such a long time since I have written anything on emergentjourney that I thought I would start up again. We are going to do the Compact Life again and I really want to document it better this time. So I best get the blogging bug back in my system.
I guess the interesting thing about not blogging is that despite the fact that a lot of exciting and entertaining things have happened in the past year, I haven’t felt the desire to write down my thoughts about each experience. Maybe it is laziness that keeps me from writing or a feeling like every post has to be full of unique and intriguing ideas.
I know that I often don’t have a lot to say (this post is proof of that) but there are moments in life where something unique happens and unless I record it, it will be lost. Damn my memory. All that to say, on the urging of friends and my inner subconscious I will be blogging more in the days to come.